- What is and Why Ruby on Rails?
- Building HelloWorld Rails application step by step
- Key concepts of Rails application development
- App directory structure (MVC), Environment
- Rake, Generator, Migration, Rails console
- Bundle (will be covered in another presentation)
- Add another field to a model
- Add another template (view page)
- Create a form for user input
- Explore Rails learning resources
What is and Why Ruby on Rails (RoR)?
What Is “Ruby on Rails”?
- A full-stack MVC web development framework
- Written in Ruby
- Rails leverages various characteristics of Ruby language - metaprogramming, closure, etc.
- First released in 2004 by David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH)
Download course content