AngularJS Services and DI
- What is and why service?
- Built-in (Angular provided) services
- $log, $location, $timeout, $interval
- Dependency injection (DI)
- Creating a custom service
What is and Why Service?
- Angular services are reusable objects
- You can use services to organize and share code across your app
- A service can be injected into controller, another service, filter, directive that depends on that service
- Angular's dependency injection subsystem ($injector) handles dependency injection
- Angular services are:
- Lazily instantiated - Angular only instantiates a service when an application component depends on it
- Singletons - Each component dependent on a service gets a reference to the single instance generated by the service factory
Download course content